Sunday, April 25, 2010

About Me....

I am a twenty-something wife, mother of two, daughter, sister to 3, aunt to 12, and a full-time IT professional. I have a lot of roles to squeeze into my 24 hour days and a lot of expenses that go along with each of them (except for my job which provides for them) :) I am a self-proclaimed cheapskate and am always excited when I find a great deal. Unfortunately since I do have so many roles, I don't always have time to search for coupons and deals. Sometimes I just find them and I am always eager to share my great finds.

One example is this amazing deal I got two weeks ago on sheets from Sam's club. I got 3 sets of 350 thread count sheets for only $69.99!! I bought them without confirmation that they would fit my deep mattress, but I just could not pass up the deal. I brought them home and they fit! I have now slept on them and absolutely love love love them!! I have told at least 5 people about them already.

I also have been a HUGE supporter of the store Once Upon a Child. They sell gently used children's gear, clothing, toys, and shoes. I have one very close to my house but I often forget to check there when I need something. With my daughter (almost 4) I did not have to buy much of anything. With the baby showers covering most gear that I would need for her and subsequent children plus TONS of hand-me-downs from cousins she was pretty well set. She also grew very slowly and got lots of wear out of the clothes that I did buy her, which was great. My son is a different story....he is almost one and has been the complete opposite of my girl. He has grown very quickly and is a total chunker! I didn't get quite the amount of hand-me-downs, so I have had to buy a lot for him. The clothes at this store have been in excellent condition and the prices are awesome. Great store!!

No comments:

Post a Comment